Thursday, June 24, 2010

Was Recovery one big subiminal to Lil' Wayne?



Interesting read..

My good friend Jeremy was like Tom Hanks in the ‘Da Vinci Code’ these past few weeks with the new Eminem CD out, trying to point out a hidden message it contained. I was like ‘Get the fuck out of here!’ every time he tried to explain it to me, like he was talking straight ‘bull shit.’ Until I sat down with him and he went over every bit of evidence and had me buying that shit like it was a Google share at $2.


My good friend Jeremy was like Tom Hanks in the ‘Da Vinci Code’ these past few weeks with the new Eminem CD out, trying to point out a hidden message it contained. I was like ‘Get the fuck out of here!’ every time he tried to explain it to me, like he was talking straight ‘bull shit.’ Until I sat down with him and he went over every bit of evidence and had me buying that shit like it was a Google share at $2.

Let me introduce this theory by recapping the background between Shady and Weezy. During Em’s hiatus, which was the time Wayne was at the top of the rap game, Wayne expressed interest in doing a song with Eminem but was blown-off by the rapper who was in recluse. Rumors circulated that Em was plotting a record dedicated to diss Lil Wayne, which Eminem even acknowledged in this latest album, “I almost made a song dissing Lil Wayne.” As Em began his comeback he attributed his slights at Lil Wayne to his drug abuse, and ended up collaborating with him on ‘Forever,’ and ‘Drop the World.’

So why would he diss Lil Wayne now?

First things first, lets go over Eminem’s approach towards this album. Basically Em has created a world within this CD by making ‘hip-hop’ the coveted object he is vying for amongst the rest of the rap game. He makes it obvious in the song ’25 to Life’ about the setbacks that come with being a famous rapper. The other not so obvious metaphorical representations of ‘hip-hop’ being the object of affection is ‘Seduction’ what seems to be referring to his ‘mack’ and how he can take your girl in an instant, but that girl is actually rap, just like it was in ’25 to Life. The lyric to kick the song off “I feel like I’m morphing, into to something so incredible that I’m dwarfing all competitors” is one to consider, but another one that is the convincer “There’s a 7-disc CD changer in her car, and I’m in every single slot and your not.”

For all of those people that still think he’s stuck on Kim, he only refers to her once. The songs ‘Space Bound,’ and ‘Love the Way You Lie’ are about the connection Em has with ‘hip-hop,’ not his ex-wife.

This world that Em sharpens up with his mind-blowing imagery is the key element in the CD to tie everything together. Notice there are re-occurring figures throughout the album, from celebrities like Michael J. Fox, and Elton John, to the multiple references towards fruits, and animals, to the biblical references, the seasons like winter and fall, holidays like Halloween and Christmas, superheroes, the need to refer to every bit of currency, motor-vehicles, and every component of time from, second, minute, day, year, light-year. Basically all of the components that would make up any sort of society. And if you think it is a coincidence let me reiterate the redundancy of the usage of these terms, each term occurs more than once, sometimes a lot more than once.

The two prominent figures in this world, which could be described, as the ‘Land of Hip-Hop,’ which Eminem has created in the CD, is he, and Lil Wayne.

Now pay attention.

The smoking gun in all of this is Lil Wayne’s verse in ‘No Love.’ Everything Lil Wayne said in that verse was used by Shady and taken from its simple layers that Wayne fashioned them with, to more extensive complex expressions Eminem used them with, almost as if to say ‘Anything you can do, I can do better.’

Exhibit A: Wayne starts out the verse, “Throw dirt on me, and grow a wildflower, but it’s FUCK THE WORLD, get a child out her.” Eminem in ‘Not Afraid’ says “Forget the EARTH HE”S GOT THE URGE TO PULL HIS DICK FROM THE DIRT, AND FUCK THE WHOLE UNVIVERSE.” Also, Wayne says he’s “Married to the Game” in ‘No Love,’ and Em says the same thing in ‘Not Afraid.’

Coincidence? Maybe, that’s what I thought to, but lets continue.

Some circumstantial evidence is that a lot of the words Wayne used in that verse like ‘bar,’ ‘back,’ ‘bleed,’ and ‘fire,’ are used continuously by Eminem but multiple times in one sequence, “I’m so tired of this I could blow, fire in the hole, I’m fired up so fire up the lighter and the dro.”

Another example of the beefier evidence is “Bitches try to kick me while I’m down I’ll break your leg (Wayne’s line)” In ‘Cinderella Man” Eminem says, “It’s a rap, I was down, when I was down I was kicked-I got up, I’m ‘bout to punch ya to the ground, YA TRICKED, IT’S A TRAP.” Then Wayne says “You want me up in the cage, then I’ll come out in beast mode” in the same song Em says “Caution to the wind, COMPLETE FREEDOM, look at this rappers, how I treat them, so why the fuck would I join’em when I beat’em.” Then Em goes on in the same song saying “When I rip this stage and tear it in half tonight.”

Another bit of evidence is, in the ‘Forever’ track Wayne says “Let the KING talk, check the price and pay attention” Eminem in ‘Not Afraid’ says “You said you was KING you lied through your TEETH, so for that fuck your FILLINGS instead of getting crowned your getting capped.” It is worth noting Lil Wayne needed eight root canals before entering jail.

And here is the ‘out of the ball park,’ kill-shot, “Lil Wayne slurps syrup ‘till he burps and smokes purp does a WORDSEARCH gets circles (W)RAPPED AROUND it like you do when I come through just to remind yourself what the fuck I can do.” Is a Shady line in the song ‘Won’t Back Down.’

If you pay attention to the CD you will notice a lot of lines that could tie in with this whole argument. To dismiss them as coincidental is foolish, because without even acknowledging this theory, you have to acknowledge Em’s meticulous approach with his wordplay throughout the album.

So why would these subliminal lines serve no purpose with someone as attentive, crafty, clever, and deliberate as Eminem?

-Just want to reiterate my good friend Jeremy came up with this theory; I’m just basically the messenger right now.

Via: Jack Of All Thoughts

Dude makes some good points..but he could just be reaching...

1 comment:

  1. man u are a idiot....off course his dissing lil wayne...its kinda obvious in NO LOVE...but what if there is a deeper conspiracy behind it....maybe...lil wayne is laundrying cash money into young money....thats why drake had a 2 mill cash advance and a deal where he has almost all the rights to his song...CASH MONEY...YOUNG MONEY...;D...old money, benjamin button, what, nothing....

    ReplyDelete