Monday, June 14, 2010

Nicki Minaj talks about the response to Massive Attack


Here is excerpt from the Barbie's interview in this month's issue of Vibe Magazine.

“Massive Attack was the record she wanted to go with,” says Sean Garret, sounding a little bit defensive. “I think it’s a different sound. She wanted to make a statement. She definitely has a different direction for her album and here career than where most people think she wants to go.

Ask Nicki how she feels about the response and she looks way before answering. “It was important for me to do something not everyone thought I was gonna do…People close to me have their preferences,” says Nicki, lowering her voice, “their favorite Nicki thing, and I have to stand up sometimes and block out the noise.”


Judging from that response, it's back to the drawing board..

No comments:

Post a Comment